Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Who Are You and What Did You Do With my Perfect Baby?

I have an easy baby. Well, I had an easy baby. He was an angel; fell asleep on his own, was awake fairly often but didn't need constant attention, ate all the time but didn't have many problems, etc. I started to think, "hey, maybe this baby thing isn't so hard..." Punch me now... When he hit two months old, everything changed. Now, I look at my son and ask, "where is that easy, content child I brought home from the hospital?" He cries more, sleeps almost never (it seems), is hungry most of the time but refuses to eat, and his daddy or I have to be in sight at all times when he's playing on his own.
At first, I was kind of freaking out. Did his shots make him sick? Is he not getting enough food? Did I hurt him? Am I doing something wrong? Nope, nope, nope, and nope. Like people of any age, he's just changing or going through a phase. He's beginning to develop his awesome personality. He likes specific music and has favorite toys. And when he's hurting (like when he's teething), it comforts him to know that mommy and/or daddy are there for him as soon as he needs us. It may not be very convenient when I'm trying to get stuff done, but nothing is impossible given some extra time and help. And if I'm still stressed out, I just have to remember that it won't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment